Murray & Stafford is a Denver and Front Range based general contractor specializing commercial and industrial tilt up, office buildout and tenant finish work seeking qualified superintendents for immediate hire to join our team. Murray & Stafford is a mid-range company that offers the small family owned feeling. is currently hiring for Construction Superintendent position. Please apply at Murray and Stafford Inc., located at 5120 Osage Street Denver CO. 80221.
Construction Superintendent Job Overview
The construction superintendent works closely with a project manager to make sure that the project stays on time and on budget. On any given day, a construction superintendent may carry out any of the following tasks:
- Manage and coordinate construction workers and subcontractors, inspections, and materials, to ensure that the project moves forward smoothly
- Overview and supervise onsite construction work and enforce safety standards
- Manage schedules to work around unexpected delays due to weather and trades alike
- Ensure work being done is in line with local building codes & company standards
Experience is the most important education for superintendents. We are seeking individual’ s who are familiar with the process of building from beginning to end.
Candidates MUST have a minimum 2 years of experience as a commercial construction project superintendent to be considered.
Position requires daily travel throughout the metro Denver/Front Range area to site. Some weekend work may be necessary dependent on site requirements.
Job Responsibilities and qualifications:
Duties include but are not limited to.
- Identify hazards, contributes to project goals for the day.
- Reports all accidents/near misses, first aids, and safety concerns to Safety manager
- Enforce jobsite cleanliness.
- Inspects tools daily for condition- broken or frayed cords, guard presence, of blade conditions.
- Keeps track of materials and order when needed. Includes ability to perform quantity take offs.
- Must be familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Requires standing and bending for extended periods of time. Requires full range of body motion
- Reading and understanding blueprints/project drawings and specs.
- Knowledge of building codes including ADA requirements and inspection process
- Ability to coordinate, direct and communicate with subcontractors and inspectors
- Knowledge of construction sequencing and ability to create 2 week look ahead schedules
- Maintaining schedules to bring the job in on time, every time
- Conduct and hold weekly project meetings and site safety meetings
- Responsible for submitting daily reports, turning in receipts, writing purchase orders, filling out equipment logs and site team time sheets
- Excellent Organizational skills, Honest and ethical
- Ability to multi-task and be adaptable
- Budgeting and cost control
- Communication skills to work with clients and ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintaining as-built drawings throughout project
- Able to perform and check building and wall layout
- Employment is contingent on employee passing Drug Test and Post Offer test. If you can’t pass the drug test you will not be hired. This includes no Marijuana.
- Must Have a Valid Driver’s License. Must have reliable means of transportation to get to and from work
- Must be capable lifting heavy objects 60-80 lbs. by hand or with equipment. Employee to use proper equipment available or asks for help from a team member
- Must be able to follow directions and complete daily assigned task.
- Work well with others and be a team player to meet daily objectives.
- Operate equipment operation helpful but not required- Learn how to operate skid steer, telehandler forklifts, grading tractors, generators and light towers.
- Take initiative and ask questions as needed
- Must be adaptable to changing environment during working hours
- Able to communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Flexibility to work extra hours
- Workers must provide their own safety footwear
- May be subject to overtime on an as need basis
- Salary compensation. Starting salary range between $50,000 to $85,000 annually pending experience and reliability. Wages are paid on a weekly basis.
- Paid Vacation – 11 days PTO after one year of employment including vacation and sick. Sick time accumulated at hire date. One hour for every 30 hours worked.
- Paid Holidays – 6
- Bonus – Discretionary bonus dependent on performance and well-being of company success (not-Guaranteed)
- Company cell Phone and Truck allowance -given good standing driving record
- Employer Paid Medical and long-term disability and term life Insurance for employee only
- Retirement plan – Very Generous profit-sharing plan funded with employers’ contributions
If you meet the above qualifications, please provide the following to be considered:
2- List of projects completed in the last three years (project name, project scope and cost).
3- Professional references
4- Minimum salary requirement – no candidate will be considered if this is not included
Please apply in person at Murray and Stafford Inc., located at 5120 Osage Street Denver CO. 80221. In person applications will be considered first.
Murray & Stafford Inc.
5120 Osage St. Suite 100
Denver, CO. 80221
Type Company – Private
Industry Construction-Commercial, Industrial, Retail and Office