Murray & Stafford is a Denver and Front Range based general contractor specializing in commercial and industrial tilt up, office buildout, and tenant finish work. We are seeking qualified superintendents for immediate hire to join our team. Please apply at Murray and Stafford Inc., located at 5120 Osage Street Denver CO, 80221. You may also email your resume to: ten.d1675896488roffa1675896488tsdna1675896488yarru1675896488m@gae1675896488rdna1675896488.
Construction Superintendent Job Overview
The Construction Superintendent works closely with Project Manager to make sure that the project stays on time and on budget. On any given day, a Construction Superintendent may carry out any of the following tasks:
- Manage and coordinate construction workers and subcontractors, inspections, and materials to ensure that the project moves forward smoothly.
- Overview and supervise onsite construction work and enforce safety standards.
- Manage schedules to work around unexpected delays.
- See that work being done is in line with local building codes and Company standards.
Experience is the most important education for superintendents. We are seeking individuals who are familiar with the process of building from beginning to end.
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years construction experience and 1 year of supervisory experience to be considered.
Position requires daily travel throughout the metro Denver/Front Range area. Some weekend work may be necessary dependent on site requirements.
Employment is contingent on passing a Drug Test and Post Offer test.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications
The following is a list of general responsibilities for this position. It is understood that these general responsibilities are not inclusive of all the duties that this position requires but are intended as a general scope of work.
- Coordinate material deliveries, handling, storage, and placement.
- Read and understand the deliverables in the contract, documents, drawings, and specs.
- Knowledge of building codes including ADA requirements and inspection process.
- Conduct weekly project meetings and site safety meetings.
- Ability to coordinate, direct and communicate with subcontractors and inspectors.
- Maintain strong relationships with subcontractors and vendors while holding them accountable to timely execution of work, quality, resources, budget.
- Knowledge of construction sequencing and ability to create 2 week “look ahead” schedules. Update all schedules to reflect current progress. Must be able to use a computer and related software.
- Have complete knowledge of the project estimate and take steps to correct work and notify the Project Manager if the costs are at risk of exceeding the estimate.
- Responsible for submitting daily reports, turning in receipts, writing purchase orders, filling out equipment logs, and site team time sheets.
- Maintain all Company-owned tools and equipment being utilized on the project. Repair tools in a timely manner and report lost or stolen items immediately.
- Working with Project Manager, see that all required permits needed for temporary and permanent construction work are obtained.
- Arrange and coordinate required inspections.
- Able to work independently and with a team and to manage ambiguous situations.
- Handle the physical demands of the job, including standing, walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, pulling, pushing, and lifting 50+ lbs.
- May be subject to overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance for travel to worksite.
- Salary: $70,000 to $80,000, depending on experience.
- Sign-on bonus after 90 days, with perfect attendance: $750
- Discretionary bonus: dependent on performance and Company success.
- Referral bonus: Up to $1000.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave: 11 days [88 hours]. Includes 5 vacation days and 6 sick days that begin accumulating on hire date.
- Paid holidays: 6
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance. FSA Health & Dependent Care and accident insurance also available.
- Retirement plan: Very generous profit-sharing plan funded by employer contributions.
- Company cell phone and truck allowance.
- Advancement opportunities.
If you meet the above qualifications, please provide the following to be considered:
- List of projects completed in the last three years (project name, project scope, and cost).
- Professional references.